Friday, June 6, 2014

A New Direction



When I started this blog three years ago I really just started as a way to get some of my thoughts down in writing, post some pictures with memories I wanted to remember, and motivate myself to read more. I have done all of those things though I havn't been as regular about it as I would have liked.

The last three years have seen us go through some unbelievable changes as a family. I usually have great big long updates for family and friends when we talk on the phone, especially if it has been a long time since we spoke. I've been asked for regular updates, but it's hard to find the time and energy to call every person as often as I would like when dealing with a house full of people with special needs. I am going to try and change the direction of my blog into a more regular update of what is happening with the kids, with James, and with me. Some of it will be interesting, some will likely be boring, and emotion wise it's apt to be all over the map.

Still for those who would like to be able to keep better tabs on what is going on with us, for our family and friends who we don't get to see nearly as much as we'd like because of time and distance, this blog will hopefully bridge some of the gap. As always James and I can both be reached on Facebook at any time, and phone calls are always appreciated. This blog will also serve as a memory jog for me because lots of times I feel like moments slip away that I wanted to remember and if I don't record them as them happen they are gone in a flash. Also some of our medical journey may be helpful to beyond our immediate network of family and friends as we know that sometimes this road can feel awfully lonely and sometimes it helps to know what is working or not working with other families dealing with medical special needs.

Let me know if there is anything in specific you'd like to see on the blog, any questions or anything that might be helpful to you. Looking forward to sharing more of our journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment